Thursday, April 30, 2009

Merrilee Bear, Mooster the Rooster, Moo Moo, Mer...

What is not to love? This outfit was thoughtfully purchased by my stylish friend, Christie Turley to fit him in the winter of '09. He appears to be quite tall, so we're so glad he got some good use of it in the random cool weeks of spring. I'm hoping we can still fit him into the overalls in the fall.

This picture reminds me of a campaign photo for Mayor or something. I can just see it now, "Mer bear for Mayor". Or a realtor headshot. Hehe.
One of my favorite things is that Merrick already has crow's feet from smiling so much.
A little shot into his private life and his cute little cloth diaper.

In addition to some quick picture updates, here's a little sneak peak into Merrick's life. He's got a tooth. And I officially have a nipple piercing. No ring yet, still on the hunt. And as we speak (at 3:45 am) he's busy talking to himself in his bedroom. He talks a lot. Usually in a high pitched shriek. And I'm not refering to a cry. He really has this air-being-let-out-of-a-baloon voice he really likes to do. And he especially does that when he's tired. I'll be driving along listening to the shriek and chatter, then BAM. Asleep. And he makes a cute face when he's trying to immitate big people talking that resembles a frown. Just trying to figure out how the facial muscles work. He likes "p" and "b" and "d" sounds. And sticking his tongue out and blowing to make noises. He also likes to eat his feet and stick them in his mouth, which is very common, but he takes it a step further by latching on to his big toe and actually sucking his "thumb" toe. Cute? Something like that. He sits up so well by himself (I realized a few weeks ago that kids his age should be doing that, so I tried and within a few times, he did. I guess I should keep up on stuff like that?) One of my not so favorite things is the way he soothes when nursing or when I'm holding him and he's tired. He CLAWS my arm skin, right by my bicep. And PINCHES tight. No matter how short I cut his nails, I'm getting pinched. Over and over. It looks like I am a cutter. Nope, just Mooster.

12 comments:

Heath Hales said...

You should have called me...I was awake at 3:45 your time this morning...actually I always am! He is so handsome and getting so big! Next he'll be crawling so watch out!

Shelley Goodman said...

I thought Merr Bear and Lane where supposed to play last week! He is growing up so fast. Sitting up all by his big boy self...geez! Time for another one my friend!

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

What a doll! He's got a little man look to him already.

Tiffani Talks said...

He does that exact same arm-pinch thing to me when I babysit him. It hurts so much! But he's pretty cute. We had fun with him at the park today. I'll post some pictures of us on my blog for you to "grab."

Tiffani Talks said...

Merrick had fun playing (and eating) the sand at the park today. So if there's sand in his poop, just consider it a good colon cleanse. I don't think the Swine Flu survives in cat feces, but I'm pretty sure stray cats like to use sandy playgrounds as their litter box. Kylynn always at the sand at the park and she's fine. After Brinton ate dog poop twice at my Mother-in-law's house, I stopped being paranoid about germs. It's the best thing that ever could have happened to me as a young mother. If dog poop won't kill my kid, what possibly could?

Matt and Stephanie said...

Nipple ring shopping, soon, heather the great!

Butterfield Family said...

Oh, he's getting so big and handsome! That's funny he pinches you. Jay used to scratch my chest while he nursed, I used to dread nursing just for that reason. Babies are weird.

Katie Torriente: said...

He is soooo handsome. Good job on the pictures, they look amazing! So when are you going to put some nice bling in your new piercing?

marry said...

Hey Heather, I'm on blogger a lot more than facebook... so perfect fruit kabobs work... Don't worry about anything else.. .that is one less thing for me to think about... I totally have a canon rebel so if you want me to show you some stuff... but you did great so far! A great book is understanding exposure, highly recommend... I total a digital photography class and it made all the difference

Robyn and Anthony said...

Hey your kid is so freak'n cute! What a stud! Hey I know we don't talk much anymore, but I'm sure you where worried about me. Life is great! The wife is about to pop! Walked her almost two miles last night & we are doing it again tonight. Robyn has learned to cut my hair. I've learned that gel can fix anything, and if that fails give it about a week and everythingd grown out anyways. Well drop us a line sometime! And remember I hurt when you hurt :) Anthony

paul and lacy ebert said...

He is so so cute! I love his bright eyes

stewbert said...

that pinching thing drives me insane.