Thursday, May 7, 2009

I guess I am pretty funny after all...

I've been told that I'm pretty funny before. I like to catch people off guard, make them feel a little uncomfortable, compel them to think. And if they happen to laugh while I'm at it, even better. Well, tonight I had Merrick in stitches. We've made him giggle before, laugh a little with encouragement. But this was full blown. It's the darnedest thing when your offspring develop their little personalities. In any age-specific material about Merricks development, I'm reading that around this age is when children develop their unique sense of humor and more personality. Well, tonight, it happened. I usually flirt with him (and anything/anyone in my general vicinity) and have fun while we do our day to day things. As I fed him his yams I took a bite to see what it tasted like (I just made bunches of baby food for him and wanted to know if I was as good at making baby food as I am at big people food. Dang I'm good). And true to my fashion, I made a scene out of it. I pretend like I was gobbling it up and making funny noises as I did so. Unexpectedly, something magical happened. Merrick went crazy! He thinks I'm hysterical! I have to admit, I am quite a riot, but his response was way over the top. He's officially the perfect child. He cuddles, he's happy, he smiles all of the time, he looks just like his gorgeous father, he loves me, and he thinks I'm hilarious. We had so much fun just gobbling up our food and making noises (He's well on his way to mastering my social graces, Emily Post help him) that he almost couldn't even swallow his food. I was afraid he was going to aspirate yams. And like it. Alas, he did swallow some of it before shooting it out of his nostrils. Video to come if I can figure it out.

2 comments:

beth said...

ha ha ha ha haa....yay

Heath Hales said...

Ohhhhh, your very own fan club! Just what you have always wanted! Way to go Merrick!