Monday, May 11, 2009

Drinking Milk Like a Real Man

Merrick is a great eater. From the get go, we were a fabulous breast feeding team. He had to take a bottle right away because he was a little early and had low blood sugar. I worried that it would affect our goal to breastfeed predominately, but it was no problemo. He switches from one to the other very well, takes formula whenever Auntie Tiffani watches him, and overall is an eating machine. Recently, I was in a hurry and needed him to take a bottle while I finished something up to hold him over til I could feed him. I realized he didn't know how to hold his own bottle yet (something a kid his age should probably know how to do). So I put it in his hands and tried to show him how to hold it up. Every time I gave it to him, he almost held it up high enough. So I'd help him lift it up a little bit. Every time I did that, he'd let go all together and let me do it. Sigh. I was trying to save time here. Alas, I needed him to figure it out. So I lifted it up for him, put his hands on it, and turned to finish the task at hand. I turned around and found that he had his own way of doing things... a much more efficient, simple and hands-free way of doing things. Very innovative.
Thankyouverymuch!

13 comments:

beth said...

Awesome! what a man!

LISA :) said...

Hey heather,
It's so funny to see how every kid has their own way of doing things. He is one stud muffin! ps I am mad at you for looking so dang hot! I joined the "frumpy Mothers club"

stewbert said...

haha. that's awesome.

Erin said...

You have the cutest little family! We totally need to get together sometime!

Lizzie said...

Oh my gosh. The little dude has gotten big. I miss him. He's a cool kid. =)

Unknown said...

Heather!
Since I had to have an Emergency C-section with Savannah, she had to take the bottle for the first 24 hrs before I could nurse her. She made the transition though, and it was great (well, it had it's ups and downs). Glad he's such a good and happy boy-makes it a bit easier doesn't it?
Your cousin, Mandy

Tim and Amy said...

seriously so dang cute! i need to meet this little guy!

The Eveland's said...

Heather,
Ok I found you! I love looking at all the pictures and reading the stories! I feel like I know you so much better!

Derik and I wanted to let you know that we appreciate everything you have done for us! You are such an amazing caring person and we love you!

If you haven't heard, I have been placed on bed rest since Friday but things are progressing well and I hope to be up and moving around soon :)

Hope to see you soon!

Heather and Derik Eveland

marcie said...

hahahaha Heather I laughed so hard at those pictures... maybe its just late so I think everything is funny but the sprinkler pics were so funny too. good thing you have a mellow kid :)

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Oh my goodness- that's the funniest thing I've ever seen! Seems like something you would've done as a baby- he is so your child! As for the whole soothing, pinching habit- that is what Cale would do to me! I always had little tiny bruises all up and down the inside of my arm! It freakin hurts like the devil!! My sympathy's!!

Tim and Amy said...

[okay, my bad... i just commented on a post from february, because well that was when i added it to my favorites. sorry, i guess you DID tell me you had a blog back in the day!] ciao!

Heath Hales said...

Did you go private???

brittany said...

Lol, that is so cute! Smart kid! I have a baby girl who looks about the same age as he is!

Thanks for checking out my blog and photos!