Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tritonman

Running Club International, 4 members and counting, took place in our "team's" very first triathlon. We started running just before Christmas and Rachelle and Kira completed their very first triathlon ever. It was the UCSD Tritonman on February 21. I was so proud. A beaming president, if you will. (I am the pres. and founder :) Tiffani couldn't make it out, but we were joined by Rachelle's friend, Jamie. We stayed at the Lindbloms beach condo in La Jolla. We had so much fun doing the race, even though I almost backed out because of a wicked cold. Oh, not to mention the FREEZING water. The race was at Fiesta Island, right by Sea World.Team R.C.I.
Mooster's first trip to the beach. He loves the water and the outdoors. Good kid, isn't he. He is so easy to travel with, so happy, so easy going and so much fun. We're a little bit in love.
Merbear and Eddy at the beach. Eddy was so excited and proud to introduce our little "Ruler of the sea" to the ocean for the first time. I think it went well. He should be paddling waves sooner than later. Here are the participants, or shall we say, triathletes, with their children. Merrick turned 5 months old that day. I was glad that my body let me do a little race so quickly after he was born. Half Iron Man? Maybe next month. I am so glad that we got this little group of buddies together. I love the girls that I run and work out with. I think that we are good for eachother and it's so much more fun to set goals and accomplish them with great friends!



No comments: