Thursday, March 5, 2009

Merrick William Torriente's Blessing

We were so glad to have the opportunity to bless Merrick Thanksgiving weekend, when so many of our friends and family could be here. Sunday, November 30, 2008, Eddy gave him a name and a blessing. It really was a beautiful experience. He blessed him to know how much Heavenly Father and we love him and to accomplish everything God wants for him. Short and sweet. We joked that he would try to make it the longest blessing ever recorded. I told him that I'd have a stop watch and if he came in under 15 minutes, I'd give him a signal to keep going. Instead, it may have been the most to the point ever recorded. And that's just fine by me and Merrick.
Merrick with the Mommas and the Pappas.

All of our wonderful friends and family. Grandma Marta would hardly let go of him the whole day. So sweet. It was amazing to have so much support. We were actually surprised that so many of them could join us. Merrick is never going to wonder if he was loved!


2 comments:

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

My oldest (Andrew) had the shortest blessing I have ever heard. It was really sweet and to the point and I have discovered that this fits his little personality perfectly!
Little Merrick is such a beautiful baby - is he at the happy, smiley stage yet? That's my favorite!

Butterfield Family said...

how fun to have so much family come. We miss you