Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Four Months Old and Some Firsts

Oh, this was one of the best days of our lives. I needed to run to Tiffani's, but we had sold our BMW and had lent a friend our Corolla, so we were down to just the Pilot and I needed a set of wheels. So I guessed that if I strapped him in tight enough, he should be safe for the short ride to Tif's house. I found out she was at the park with Moms Club, so I tracked her down there. He loved it. Not only was he fine for this, his inaugural bike ride, but he was thrilled. Tiffani flipped out as soon as she saw him in his bike seat. She squeals in pitches only known to dolphins and whales when she sees him, anyway. But this time she had a real fit. She couldn't believe how cute and big and grown up he looks in his bike seat. Now we go on rides with the kids all of the time. Some days Merrick and I are out on our bike several times a day. After all, walking is so pase.
I don't even know who this handsome guy is. He looks like such a grown up eating his rice cereal for the very first time. He took one look at the green baby spoon as it was being placed in his mouth, tried to latch on to it, sucked some cereal off, tongue not sure how to swallow it and spit most of it out and looked up at the spoon with this look on his face saying, "That is the strangest nipple I have ever seen or tasted. Strangest." Fast forward a month now, and he's having cereal 3 times a day at breakfast, lunch and dinner and he's even started to try some squash and yams. He's a good eater.

Merrick and Jeremiah sharing blocks. Merrick thought Jeremiah was so cool and such a big boy. He could reach for things and grab them. Advanced, I know.


Our very first trip to library story time. He was really facinated by the big parachute. He also loved spending time with Jeremiah Thatcher.


His first time in his bumbo. And his first time wearing the infamous "K Swiss". Eddy was wearing K Swiss the first time I met him. I told him later that this fact really threw me off. I never knew a guy who wore K Swiss shoes. I'm pretty sure I'd only seen 14 year old girls from the Jr. High step team wear them. But they were his fave. I asked him to tell me who else besides him and 14 year old black girls wear K Swiss. In defense, he pointed to someone who happened to be passing at just that moment-before he even looked to see that she fit my exact discription. So I always give him a hard time about that. When I first found out we were going to have Peanut, I bought these before I had to leave town for a confrence for work and left them on our bed with a note. He thought it was cool.






His gorgeous, contagious smile. He melts my heart all of the time.


He almost smiles too much to even suck his thumb. Everywhere I go people ask me, "Does he always smile this much???" or, "Is he always this happy?!" Yes. And I love him for it.


I realize that this picture is out of focus, but I just love the face he's making here. The drool, those eyes, everything.



This is not a scowl. It's more an advanced emotion comming from a 4 month old. I imagine, "Mom, um, do you realize I'm only in my diaper on the front lawn, by chance? Take the picture, already!"

7 comments:

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

Man, that kid is gorgeous. I find myself thinking more and more lately, " you think god could share the love " :-)

marcie said...

I agree with Callie... I thought Lane was a good lookin kid, jk he is I'm his #1 fan! and I can't even tell you how hard I laughed when I read your comment on my blog, because your joking but I really could picture you doing that Heather!

Class and Sass said...

It was soooo good seeing you last night!!

Shelley Goodman said...

I am dying about the Kswiss's! You know Eddy had some major competition in the "cool" shoes category. I saved Casey's stylish grey and white high top Niki's he wore on our first date for some good laughs.
Your family photos btw are gems!!!!! There is a blog you have to check out. People send in their freakin awesome photos so you HAVE to send in yours!

Shelley Goodman said...

www.sexypeople-blog.blogspot.com, check it out!

Shelley Goodman said...

sooory, it's www.sexypeople-blog.com

Shelley Goodman said...

Um, where are the pics of his first zoo trip??!!