Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome home Merrick!

My mom was here for a week, which is the only way to go and makes me so grateful that I have such a wonderful mother around to lend me a hand. I felt so great and my recovery was awesome, I even got up the morning we came home and cooked breakfast for my mom and I. (again, I was starving) My mom told me she was here to do anything for me, but (newsflash) she doesn't cook. Good thing I had great friends to bring me dinner and treats. And of course,what would I do without Eddy and Tiffani? It was so nice to have Eddy handy to take a few late night feedings and Tif to call a few mornings when I hadn't slept and couldn't hold my own head up so she could let me nap.

Our first few weeks with Merrick were great. I was more tired than I've ever been, more in love than I've ever been and we just had so much fun. Some great pictures of his first bath and his teeny tiny cuteness.

Sometimes I bring Merrick to bed in the mornings so I can nurse him lying down. I realized he was all done eating and when I got up to get ready for the day, this is what I captured. Melts your heart, huh?

We went to visit Brooke at her parent's house when Merrick was only a few weeks old and did a fun photo shoot there.


Those tiny buns. I know it's wrong to exploit a child. Seriously, how could I not?!



This is probably my sweetest little picture that captures my angel the best. Amazing little guy.


I'm obsessed with the crazy faces babies make, this picture is no exception. My 90 year old man.


Getting naked for our photo shoot.



This is who I had sleeping next to me in his bassinette every morning. Pictures don't do justice.


Eddy is toweling off Merrick after his very first bath. He loves his bath time with daddy!



I can't believe how tiny he was in that BIG baby bath. A mere 4 months later, he fills it up.

No comments: