Thursday, February 5, 2009

NO BLOG?!

"Why don't you have a blog?!" "Why don't you have a blog yet?!" "Why aren't you updating your blog?!"... Well, let me tell you why. Everytime I sit down to create a new post at the request of my loving and distant cousin, Mimi, or cave to harassment by Shelley or Kristi from the salon, or to keep my wonderful in laws abreast of the latest happenings in our family, KAPUT. Yes, even on my new laptop."Internet Explorer is not responding... do you want to a) close this window b) restart computer or c) throw the laptop at the wall and never attempt a blog posting again? C! I choose C!!!
Another problem I keep running into is the fact that I have a life. Crazy, I know. After looking at all of the fun posts and cute layouts of my friends (that I actually love to read) I have come to the conclusion that none of you have lives. That must be it. Anyone else out there trying to figure out when to work out, make dinner, do laundry, grocery shop and breastfeed an adorable yet demanding infant? How about work a few hours a week? Shower and brush teeth and possibly put on makeup and a bra? And don't even get me started on parenting a 17 year old to be. I like to think that your nannies and housekeepers are keeping your lives together for you while you spend your hours making your blogs cuter and more informative and all decked out than the next guy. Or girl. Well, I have news for you... listen here and listen good. I have a blog. My blog is not the cutest (but my kid (s) and husband are-hehehe) nor is it the most creative or frequently updated. But here it is. Take it or leave it. And you can kiss my blog's butt while you're at it.

8 comments:

Scott and Kim said...

Well, I guess that makes you a loser too, since you have 2 posts in 2 days! :)

Scott and Kim said...

p.s. being a blog stalker that I know you are makes you a loser too! I still love you though. I like blogging because it's a good way to stay in touch with friends without being on the phone all the live-long day. That's even worse.

Jenyce Harris said...

Helooooo! I didn't even know that you started a blog. I love it and am so glad! Dido to all that you said. I have a solution.....move to Safford:) you will have plenty of time to do all of that. Or maybe start by taking your dinners down a notch to how the rest of us cook instead of gourmet,all out,ridiculously good meals that take all day and then some! Just kidding you know I love you and I hope you can figure out how to battle all of that and find time to blog so I can keep in touch while we are away! Love ya.

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

You see - I can't afford a nanny so instead I just neglect my children so I can blog... :-) You've got to have some PRIORITIES Heather!!! hahaha

Love ya!

Meredith

Matt and Stephanie said...

you go girl!

Butterfield Family said...

hi cilantro de tarfe
why didn't I know you had a blog?

Heath Hales said...

Have you ever looked at the time of my blog postings? Or this comment? Yeah, I blog from between 4:30 and 6:30 in the morning. THat is also w hen I do dishes and work on extra projects. I usually go back to sleep for an hour two and then little Ginny says I have to wake up.

Tim and Amy said...

did i just link to the wrong blog? for some reason you were on a serious power trip back in february... where's the REAL blog? i'm going to search for it...