Monday, February 16, 2009

November trip to Duncan (that's right, I said Duncan)

We decided it was time for Merrick's first roadtrip. We loaded up our new Honda Pilot (Eddy kept asking if I didn't think that I needed a safer car... cute) and headed over for the boy's annual deer hunt. Or as I refer to it as, "Camping with Guns". Usually for something to qualify for a deer "hunt" deer would actually need to be hunted. Shot? Maybe. At least seen. Anyway, better luck next year, boys! Here's how Eddy ended the hunt early. The entire night on my mom and dad's bathroom floor. I opened the door occasionally and threw in a popsicle or some water. Everyone had the flu bug. I used positive mental thoughts and drew a purple bubble of health around Merrick and I (why purple? Not sure, I just figured it would keep us safe. And I had to do the positive thinking for Merrick, since he was mostly an innocent bystander) And p.s., everyone in town (well, all of my family, which comprises 1/2 the town) was driving the porcelain bus. But not Merrick and I. Not us in our purple bubble of health! We took a trip upstairs from Aunt Sunny's to visit Grandma and Grandpa foote.
Merrick loved Grandma and Grandpa. They are so tender and so loving to all of thier grandkids. He's so lucky he had the chance to meet them. Wonderful people that we come from.

Merrick wasn't so sure, however, about the big smooches from them.
But they sure loved kissing all over him.

I just love this picture of my blind Grandma Foote looking up lovingly at her husband of 60+ years with adoration. Maybe it's because she's senile, maybe it's because he's the greatest. The world will never know...

Speaking of senile, imagine my joy when I wandered down the lane to Fairlene's Fitness, the best (and only) gym in a hundred miles, to work out. Who, you might ask, to my utter glee, did I find, but Mrs. Ada Mae Foote herself!
She may be blind and sweet as can be, but she's fit as a fiddle. She'll probably outlive her mind.
This was exactly as I found her when I walked in the door to work out. Smiling from ear to ear, sweating to the oldies, no one but Fairlene around to supervise her. Now if that's not inspirational, I'm not sure what it will take to get your butt to the gym.

Here's Eddy in happier times, pre puking his guts out. He's all decked out in his brand spanking new camoflauge. Never you mind that he's as white collared as they come. He's not going to let that stop him from donning his gear and trying his best to fit in with the menfolk. My secret thought is that he's going to be the one who finally kills the biggest deer of all. That'll show them to make fun of his aim again. (I just hope my brothers and dad are safe when he and a gun are tring to sort things out.)


And here's the adorable Grandma Francie giving him his much loved bath in their sink. Notice her ever appropriate manner, covering his manliness.

1 comment:

Airan said...

This totally CRACKED me UP! I was laughing so hard I was crying! Gotta love Grandma Foote! Through all the mindloss and blindness (not to mention the wiskers???)