Monday, August 24, 2009

Tricked.

Let's all be honest here, I suffer from an acute case of "overscheduleitis". A side affect of which is "usuallyrunsatadbitlateitis". I've been trying since Kindergarten to overcome this terrible disease with it's accompanying undesirable symptoms. I am unwilling to cut things out of my schedule unless I absolutely have to, and I need approx. 8 hours of sleep at night. So 24-8= an insufficient 16 waking hours with which to exercises, do hair, clean house, love on Mooster, mow the yard, cook delicious food and eat it sitting down after having chewed each bite 20 times, play with friends, grocery shop, read scriptures, pray, shower, do hair (yeah, right) and makeup, etc... It doesn't sound like much, really, but there always seems to be extra activities crammed in there. Anyway, I keep thinking, "if only I only needed 6 hours of sleep at night, then I'd be that person who is always early (Butch Haught)"

And who hasn't set their clock for a few minutes faster than the actual time? Please tell me I'm not the only pathetic one. I recently set up an alarm clock in my attempt to get everything done and not be too rushed. It's helping. and I've had lots of good friends tell me, with love, some suggestions on how to become more prompt. This morning, Merrick woke up what seemed to be really early. After letting him cry long enough to really wake me up, I glanced at my alarm clock to see that it was 7:15, which is pretty average with him. Rubbing my eyes, I went and brought him to bed with me to nurse him. After which, we got dressed for a morning jog (it's hot, but not too hot anymore) and got breakfast. I went up stairs about 8 to see Eddy with the blanket over his head, obviously not wanting to get up yet. He usually leaves by 7:30, so I woke him up again and told him he was being a bum and that it was 8:00 already. To which he replies, "We've been tricked." Producing his cel phone with the correct time of 6:55 am, he and I realized that Merrick, who loves buttons on electronics, must have done his part to get me up and at 'em and on time. Thanks to him, I am feeling very accomplished, albeit a little more tired than usual today.

9 comments:

beth said...

That is the best! ha ha haha

Jason and Kate said...

Lololololol!!! That little Mooster. Always keeping you on your toes (especially running around naked at church).

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Ha Ha! Funny story! Here is my suggestion. Forget sitting down and enjoying your food. I eat standing up at the counter, with a baby on my hip, inhaling my food in about 3.5 min flat! Works great! Promise!

Hey- let's get together sometime!

Airan said...

Stop being so busy! That will solve all of your problems! I'm with you on needing ATLEAST 8 hours of sleep at night! I found that waking up with my husband at 6:30 AM (3 hours before my children) I managed to get SO MUCH done in those 3 hours! I can get dressed, house cleaned and laundry started all by 9AM! That is very funny, but smart thinkin' on Merrick's part though! We need to get our kids together! (That is my excuse for wanting to hang out with you! LOL)

Scott and Kim said...

um...a "tad" bit late? That's funny Heath :)

Family of Many said...

Thats too funny! I USED to need 8 hours of sleep... these days I go to bed between 12pm-2AM and wake up by 7am everyday. After a few weeks I need one afternoon nap every so often but otherwise I am good to go! I get so much done when the whole house is in bed and QUIET!

Harris Family said...

That was a good story! We root for 8 hours of sleep around here too... but I have surrendered to average of 6. And I like life busy too, so I don't have much advise for you there. Maybe, Breathe.

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

1 blog post a month is not a good enough mooster fix. Get on the ball, sheesh! You've got a whole 16 hours a day. Surely you can fit in more blogging.

Heath Hales said...

Score for Mooster! This really worked out to his benefit since he wanted to be awake! My advice is to move away from your family, don't join any organizations and have less then five friends who you talk to during the week. It works for me.